Lairg Parish Church is situated in a prominent position on the hill, above the War Memorial and Little Loch Shin, in the centre of the village.
Built in 1847 to a simple Gothic design, the interior was renovated in 2001, providing a comfortable, bright and airy sanctuary for worship. In 1998 a church hall was added to the North side of the Church. This is a very well used facility for many church activities and functions throughout the year. The Hall is used for the regular meetings of Sutherland Presbytery and by some other non church organisations.
From Sunday 19th September there will be a weekly service starting at 10.30am. From April 2022 the service time will change to 12.15pm (times are alternated on an annual basis with the linked charge in Rogart), followed by tea and coffee and fellowship on special occasions. In recent times we have experimented with the Messy Church format. There are 58 Members and Adherents on the church roll.
The congregation works closely with other Christian groups in the villages, joining together for occasional services and special events. Members of the congregation help at the local BIG (Believe In God) Club for children in the parish on a monthly basis and during special holiday clubs held during the summer and autumn school breaks. The Church Guild meets regularly and is growing in numbers and has a Guild link with St. Lawrence Church in Forres. A Prayer Meeting is held on a weekly basis, meeting in a member’s home. Recently our Locum Minister started a fortnightly bible study group and this is well attended both by members of our own congregation plus others from the wider community.
The Church is used by our Episcopalian friends for their morning Eucharist on three Sundays in the month.
Lairg’s Charity No. is SC020871. The parish number is 402260.